Sunday, August 10, 2014

Godmother's Questions, My Answers.

Godmother over at Alt:ernative  is gathering as many people as she can to answer these questions that matter about our time in World of Warcraft. Here are my answers, and by all means, grab the questions and do it yourself. It' a party!

1. Why did you start playing Warcraft?

I was part of a guild named Knights of a New Republic in Star War Galaxies, and the game was dying. It had just been through the New Game Enhancements (is that what NGE stood for?) and our guild was looking for a new home. Someone mentioned World of Warcraft and hubby and I said, "Why not?"

2. What was the first ever character you rolled?


I often say that Shawndra, my troll warrior, was my first character. She was, in that she was the first to max level. My very first character was Drreena, a troll rogue on the Whisperwind server. She's still there, at level 39. Here is a picture, full of dead game items and a guild where noone logs in.

Zhevra Leather, Empty Poison Vials, and Ammo.

3. Which factors determined your faction choice in game?

KNR has always played the underdog, the hated, the misunderstood. The Horde was the obvious choice.

4. What has been your most memorable moment in Warcraft and why?


Raiding in Zu'Gurub in vanilla has been something I often think back to, especially with hubby sneaking behind bosses and trying to pick their pockets. Tanking Prince Malchezaar with KNR is another. Stranding a guidlie in his skivvies in the Searing Gorge without a hearthstone, mount, or armor back in Vanilla is another.
 
5. What is your favourite aspect of the game and has this always been the case?


That moment when you discover something else you never noticed in the game. It's still happening to me, and I love it.

6. Do you have an area in game that you always return to?


If I could return to the Zul'Gurub of old, I would. I end up in Karazhan a lot. Sometimes I look for a bit of old Azshara, untouched by goblins, and sit back and enjoy the falling leaves.

7. How long have you /played and has that been continuous?


Oh, wow, can you even find that out? August 14, 2005 I redeemed a 10 day guest pass. The 25th I got a free month, so I guess that was when I installed the game and started playing. There have been a month or three in there once in a while where there was no money, and a short time when they launched the other Star Wars game where KNR hoped they had found home again, but I always end up here.

8. Admit it: do you read quest text or not?


I read quest text. Some quests are just too good not to read! 

9. Are there any regrets from your time in game?


I have no regrets. I have made great friends and had a lot of fun. Azeroth is my escape.

10. What effect has Warcraft had on your life outside gaming?


I have made some wonderful friends all over the world because of this game. I have made some close friends near me who I never would have met if it weren't for this game. 

Thanks for the questions, Godmother. It brought back a lot of memories.

No comments: