Saturday, July 17, 2010

What I Am Up To: Mid July Edition

Aside from being slightly jealous that hubby managed to get into a Blizzard beta test while I have been hungrily watching my junk and in mail box for anything that resembles an invite, I have actually been rather busy in other games.  Maybe that is why Blizzard hasn't invited me.  I'm too busy vacationing in the Spiral and in Pan Gu's Perfect World to merit vacationing on the beaches of Azshara or Sen Jin.  Please, if you know a Blizzard employee that has any pull, have them read this heartfelt apology.  I would rather vacation in a beta version of Azeroth than any other digital paradise.  Please, I promise I'll even write letters of my travels to them, complete with reports of nasty bugs that need extermination.  Delgada and her girlfriends are dying (or undying) to see something new!

Her armor beautiful, isn't it?
Since I mentioned my holiday escapes, I should at least tell you what I have been doing.  Eromee, my main vacationing character, is nearing level 50 in Perfect World.  I broke down early and bought an inventory stone and an outfit, which led to another 10 dollar outlay for more clothes and some random dyes to make a skirt and shirt fit better into Eromee's wardrobe.  The game world is beautiful, and the game play is easy to figure out.  Unfortunately, it is more click friendly, and remapping keys is a formidable task. I was playing it rather exclusively with a splinter group off a faction split of HVND called Wanted, who are a great bunch of people.  I am taking a small break, though, and back playing Wizard 101.

Disregard the blue pig-tailed mismatched character to the left.  She belongs to my daughter.
My main character in my vacation in the Spiral is Rowan Trollstalker, who rounded the midway mark of the thirties and is rapidly approaching level 40.  Hubby has joined me, and is working on catching me.  We are buying areas instead of subscribing, which will afford me hours of entertainment when Rowan is too old to get any benefit from them.  Rowan is currently working her way up the tower of Big Ben in Marleybone, trying to get to Meowiarty.  It is a tough climb, and Rowan is being very cheap, not buying new gear, though there is a nice fire/life robe on the auction house that she'd love to have.  See, she is saving her gold so she can buy the Thunder house.  It will cost her 60,000 gold pieces, and she is determined to only spend crowns on unlocking areas.  She's more than a third of the way to her goal closing in on halfway. If Rowan is really good this coming week, she could be standing (cruel KingsIsle, providing lovely couches and chairs, but not letting the characters sit on them!) in the middle of an unending storm.
 
Brew, anyone?
So, Rowan is more active than Eromee this last part of July for that reason.  Eromee cannot hope to get a drop of fashion items or wings or even a wedding set in the Perfect World, because those items are only available through the cash shop or through enterprising players who have more real money to throw at the game that sell these items for millions of coin in their cat shops. Millions of coins are hard to come by, since I am not a game economist.  Rowan, on the other hand, has the chance to get a mount to drop or crown shop gear off higher end bosses, and can purchase certain mounts and houses with in game currency if she works hard enough. There are no ways to make more than anyone else that puts their spell book to the grindstone, since you don't price your items in the auction house, and cannot trade anything but treasure cards to other players.  So, Rowan lives the high life, or can aspire to it, while Eromee wanders her Perfect World broke, but with some fashion sense.
Cute, but expensive.  To think I paid fifteen bucks for all those pixels.

That's what I have been up to.  Exciting?  Probably not, but the desert area I live in has been extremely hot (as expected) and really humid (not expected), so aside from trips to Walmart and the Playplace at McDonalds, virtual worlds have been my vacation.  I leave you with a video of the storm house, as taken by Youtuber wizard101extreme. Who wouldn't want this steam punk dream house?


 

1 comment:

Blogger said...

ROBLOX is driven by an ever growing player base of over 300,000 creators who generate an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

These experiences range from 3D games and competitions, to interactive adventures where friends can take on new identities exploring what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner in a quarry or an astronaut out in space.