Monday, January 19, 2009

Packing Up and Moving, SWG Style.


A couple nights ago, my husband reminded me that there were free character transfers off our dead server to any server we wanted, so long as we met the deadline. Well, I hit that deadline hard. My main character, Karin, was able to pack up her structures and transfer easily, but Eromee had to leave it all behind. I wish moving in real life was as easy as telling the structure to hop into my datapad.

I'm not playing this game seriously right now. I was given 30 days free, to try it out again, and I just had to see my houses again. I missed my houses. I spent a long time decorating them. World of Warcraft doesn't have this feature, and it's kind of sad. It's nice to have a place to hang your hat that you can really call your own!

So, since Eromee had left her factories, houses, and merchant tents behind, she had to buy a new crafting station and house. With veteran rewards and some odds and ends she hadn't placed, she has made a small dent in decorating her small Nabooian house. I'm looking forward to pooling Karin and Eromee's resources to see what feats of decoration we can accomplish together!

I'll post some screenies (without the ui when I remember how) of my houses when I get them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind my asking, what realm did you play on before the transfer and what realm are you going to?

My husband used to play, which is why I ask. I'm personally looking forward to SW:TOR. I tried to get into SWG, but I couldn't do it. He left the game after the NGE.

ShawndraKai said...

We played on Corbantis server. After the NGE, even though some of us tried to stick it out, our whole guild moved on to WoW. KNR used to stand for Knights of a New Regime.

I haven't tried combat out much during this free trial, but I have started decorating. I started dating my husband and he introduced me to SWG, where I entertained, and was a ranger. Then did the whole profession grind to Jedi. The game really had a little something for everyone, then.

This is becoming more of a post than a comment! Hubby and I are looking forward to the new Star Wars MMO, also. Hubby is only into WoW because there isn't a space themed MMO that he likes.