Monday, July 21, 2008

Playing Alliance makes me feel....dirty.



I tried. I offered him Netherweave Bags, gold, runs through the Deadmines, my undying love (ok he already had that), even my leveling services. He would log in to his Night Elf hunter, Petaline, and turn to watch television. Then he would try to bribe my eldest daughter to play with her for a bit. She, in turn, would move her to a quest zone, turn around, and watch television. Petaline would stand there, bouncing with a vacant look on her face, then sit, then out of boredom she would reach out and hit the disconnect button for them.

I asked him if it was because she was such a low level. He said no, I just don't feel right playing Alliance. It makes me feel dirty. Dirty? We are all just people in this game, Alliance or Horde. Each side did horrible things to the other at one time or another. That doesn't mean we can't all get along, right? Why does playing one faction have to be wrong, and the other right? None of these arguments would turn him. So I guess I'll have to settle for blowing kisses off the Theramore pier to my forbidden love, Hacksoor, the rogue that stole my heart.

No comments: